The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
New toy: ipod shuffle

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Chris Winters

Nickname: cwinters

Daytime: Java hacker; nighttime: Perl hacker; sleeptime: some of both.
New toy: ipod shuffle Posted: Mar 7, 2005 9:32 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Chris Winters.
Original Post: New toy: ipod shuffle
Feed Title: cwinters.com
Feed URL: http://www.cwinters.com/search/registrar.php?domain=jroller.com®istrar=sedopark
Feed Description: Chris Winters on Java, programming and technology, usually in that order.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Chris Winters
Latest Posts From cwinters.com

Advertisement
With money coming in from some extra work I was able to get bipartisan approval for an ipod shuffle. The just-under $100 for the 512 MB version helped get the bill through committee and with sufficient support to sustain a veto so that's what I got.

Lots of other people have written about it (including psu, one of the the smarties over at Tea Leaves) so I won't go into much technical detail.

But: wow, is this thing small. How small? This is it next to a normal coffee cup:

ipod shuffle next to coffee cup

It's also extremely light. But it's not cheap-plastic light -- there's a very satisfying click when you slide off the endcap to plug it in to your USB port. It's even better when you slide it back on.

The off-play-shuffle switch on the back has a similarly good feel -- it's not too easy to slide from one to the other which means it should be tough to do accidentally.

The capacity is fine for me. I tend to listen to the same stuff all the time anyway and I can pack quite a bit in 512 MB.

The only think I don't like is the earbuds. I'm not sure how people wear them for hours at a time, they just make my ears sore after a while. Is this something you get used to or are my ears shaped weird? Do I just need to build up some sort of ear calluses? We'll see...

Read: New toy: ipod shuffle

Topic: Just got to EclipseCon 2005 Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Jef Raskin, Mac pioneer, dies at 61

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use