The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
If You Want' Duck Typing...

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Thomas Gideon

Nickname: cmdln

Thomas Gideon is a hacker curmudgeon.
If You Want' Duck Typing... Posted: Aug 8, 2003 1:29 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Thomas Gideon.
Original Post: If You Want' Duck Typing...
Feed Title: Command Line Interface
Feed URL: http://www.gideonfamily.org/roller/rss/cmdln?catname=Java
Feed Description: The blog of a programmer-hacktivist-curmudgeon who occasional rants about society, work, and technology, among other things. Now how do I get to a command prompt on this thing?
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Thomas Gideon
Latest Posts From Command Line Interface

Advertisement

Then use Python. I've got to agree with Hani here. Reflection has it's place, but it shouldn't be used to replace good design and static checking. If you don't want to use a strongly typed language, then stop using Java. If you want to use a loosely typed language for web development, give Python a whirl. Or use ASP.Net. This also resonates with my feelings about AOP. I don't doubt it has some value, though I couldn't express clearly yet what that value is, but I am also inclined to believe folks just use it for the whiz-bang factor.

Read: If You Want' Duck Typing...

Topic: Eclipse Plugin for WEB App UIs! Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Googlesoft

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use