The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Stop the FUD on Rails Performance :)

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
dion

Nickname: dion

Dion Almaer is the Editor-in-Chief for TheServerSide.com, and is an enterprise Java evangelist
Stop the FUD on Rails Performance :) Posted: Feb 28, 2005 9:52 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by dion.
Original Post: Stop the FUD on Rails Performance :)
Feed Title: techno.blog(Dion)
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/dion
Feed Description: blogging about life the universe and everything tech
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by dion
Latest Posts From techno.blog(Dion)

Advertisement
Well, Matt has done his job on blood boiling :) He has run with the comment from one person on this blog which claims slow performance of Rails. We all know how bad random performance claims are. After all, I think we should show that a Rails PetStore app is a lot faster than "J2EE" ;) Look at the apps that are written using Rails, and there are more and more showing up on the mailing lists. If it was so slow then they would be shouting about it. Tadalist and co, all seem to run very nicely from my end too, and I have never experienced a problem with a Rails app. It is also pretty easy to scale most web apps that people are building. How many are truly 'enterprise apps' that people like Mike Spille work on :) Let's stop the mud flinging a la 'JVMs are too slow. How can you not write this in C!' and let people make their own mind up with testing on their own apps! My guess is that if someone gave it a try they would be very impressed with the productivity gains, and the app would surely run 'fast enough' ;)

Read: Stop the FUD on Rails Performance :)

Topic: JBoss 4 Release available - AOP still not performing, hibernate usage simplified Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: [Feb 22, 2005 10:17 PST] 7 Links

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use