The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
You ever had to reboot you car?

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Alan Williamson

Nickname: awilliamso

Alan Williamson is chief architect of Blog-City and BlueDragon in addition to his online ramblings
You ever had to reboot you car? Posted: Feb 27, 2005 1:32 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Alan Williamson.
Original Post: You ever had to reboot you car?
Feed Title: Technical @ alan.blog-city.com
Feed URL: http://www.ibm.com/us/en/
Feed Description: (Technical) the rants of a java developer trapped in the body of a java developer!
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Alan Williamson
Latest Posts From Technical @ alan.blog-city.com

Advertisement
My father was driving me to the airport on a cold Scottish morning. His pride of joy is one of the top of the line Mercedes Benz, with more bells'n'whistles than you can shake a stick at. We were heading up the road and he noted the car wasn't getting any warmer, infact the heating was blowing out cold air. He fiddled with some buttons but nothing. Then he pulled over and turned off the engine, counted 10 elephants and turned it back on again. I knew what he was doing, I just didn't want to believe what he was doing.

He was rebooting the car which incidentally cured the problem. As soon as he turned it on again, the heating system burst into life and we had full control of climate system. I casually asked him, "You need to do that often?", where by he answered, "not often, it's the only thing the garage recommends". WHAT?!?!

Okay this was just the climate control, but jesus what if something else more fundamental threw a "null pointer" exception? How are you suppose to do a reboot on the motorway? Is this the state that the computer industry has taken us? Where by rebooting your automobile is a common occurrence? Come on ... Mercedes Benz and any other car manufacturer, explain yourself now!

Read: You ever had to reboot you car?

Topic: Amazon Prime: Subscription for Shipping Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Browing Flickr on TiVo

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use