The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
2003-08-07 Rant about JMS implementations and XA st ...

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Jerome Bernard

Nickname: jeje

Jerome Bernard is consultant working for StepInfo.
2003-08-07 Rant about JMS implementations and XA st ... Posted: Aug 7, 2003 3:12 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Jerome Bernard.
Original Post: 2003-08-07 Rant about JMS implementations and XA st ...
Feed Title: Kalixia
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/kalixia/?cat=3
Feed Description: A small place for distributed computing...
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Jerome Bernard
Latest Posts From Kalixia

Advertisement
Rant about JMS implementations and XA stuff… These last days at work I have been working on some transactional work using XA resources. Basically what we wanted to do was to use a open-source transaction manager (JOTM) with Websphere MQ in the following kind of scenarios: a XA datasource and a XA queue within the same XA transaction, many XA queues within the same transaction. What we discovered really *pissed me* off: first of all, how many of you know that Websphere Application Server (aka WAS for short) although certified as J2EE compatible is not 100% Java? What does this mean for us developers? Well basically that you have no choice but use IBM JVMs! WAS is hard linked to their JVMs! I could not believe it!!Anyway, back to MQ. We had a MQ 5.3 server installed a few days ago and once more we discovered some incredible things… If you want to use XA with MQ, it seems you only have two options: use your XA code within WAS, install the MQ server on the same computer as the one where your Java (but not J2EE) code will run. I know that the XA stuff is optional in JMS but what the f***? They can't make their server working out of their application server? Next, we decided to give a try to Tibco. This time we were able to have the scenario with a XA datasource and a XA queue working but not the one with two XA queues! Finally JORAM was able to handle both cases!!Although I am a big Java fan, I have really been disguted by this bad experience…

Read: 2003-08-07 Rant about JMS implementations and XA st ...

Topic: Artima Makes First Million (Page Views) Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Relentless

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use