The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Using Google's GMAIL account as a remote 1GB storage

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Alan Williamson

Nickname: awilliamso

Alan Williamson is chief architect of Blog-City and BlueDragon in addition to his online ramblings
Using Google's GMAIL account as a remote 1GB storage Posted: Feb 23, 2005 6:08 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Alan Williamson.
Original Post: Using Google's GMAIL account as a remote 1GB storage
Feed Title: Technical @ alan.blog-city.com
Feed URL: http://www.ibm.com/us/en/
Feed Description: (Technical) the rants of a java developer trapped in the body of a java developer!
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Alan Williamson
Latest Posts From Technical @ alan.blog-city.com

Advertisement
I might be a little late to the party here but I found this cool little utility that lets you utilise the free 1GB that Google is offering as part of their GMail system. It creates a drive letter on your Windows machine that you can drag and drop files into. This actually creates a dummy email that attaches your file to it so if you browse your GMail account online you will see it listed in your inbox.

This is kinda cool. I already do something like this with my normal IMAP email. I use my 'Drafts' folder as a remote file storage for when I am out and about. But to have that as part of the shell is a nice extension to that.

The idea isn't limited to the Windows world, Richard Jones has a utility for mounting a linux partition to GMail as well.  I wonder if Google will put a stop to this.  I imagine they will, or at least do their infamous change of their Terms & Conditions that users sign-up to that they will not use their account in this manner.

Read: Using Google's GMAIL account as a remote 1GB storage

Topic: My iPhone Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Femtocontainer -- The IoC container built into the JDK

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use