The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
decorate with Sitemesh

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Marc Logemann

Nickname: loge

Marc Logemann is founder of www.logentis.de a Java consultancy
decorate with Sitemesh Posted: Feb 10, 2005 3:30 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Marc Logemann.
Original Post: decorate with Sitemesh
Feed Title: Marc's Java Blog
Feed URL: http://www.logemann.org/day/index_java.xml
Feed Description: Java related topics for all major areas. So you will see J2ME, J2SE and J2EE issues here.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Marc Logemann
Latest Posts From Marc's Java Blog

Advertisement

A few weeks ago i started using Sitemesh and i never looked back. This library is small but very powerfull. When you start exploring Sitemesh, you most likely use ConfigDecoratorMapper as outlined in the starter docs. But soon you want more and i thought it would be nice to have a mapper that acts on session attributes. To be honest, i was ready to start with the coding and saw that someone was faster than me and allready supplied it with sitemesh (SessionDecoratorMapper) ;-)

You only need to read through the available DecoratorMappers and suddenly you imagine thousands of nice things you can do with your application/website layout, depending on the craziest parameters. How about a SeasonsDecoratorMapper which is linked to actual seasons. Sometimes simple things are the best ones.

You could even decorate PHP or Perl based plugins to your application by reading in the output of your PHP/Perl script via NetworkStream and let Sitemesh decorate also this stuff. Didnt tried it yet, but this should be straightforward.

Read: decorate with Sitemesh

Topic: The Layering Challenge Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Blogs as extreme feedback devices

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use