The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
The Why of Orca TDD Build Framework

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Fred Grott

Nickname: shareme

Fred Grott is Lead Developer-CEO of ShareMe Technologies LLC -The Mobile Future
The Why of Orca TDD Build Framework Posted: Feb 10, 2005 7:57 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Fred Grott.
Original Post: The Why of Orca TDD Build Framework
Feed Title: ShareMe Technologies LLC-The Mobile Future
Feed URL: http://www.jroller.com/shareme/feed/entries/rss
Feed Description: A Weblog about Java programming and digital convergence on mobile devices in such areas as P2P and collaborative technology.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Fred Grott
Latest Posts From ShareMe Technologies LLC-The Mobile Future

Advertisement
Why create Orca TDD Build Framewokr for J2me developers? One, 90% of J2ME developers or groups or companies are under 10 developers or less. In that realm alone you need to increase code analysis, metrics, and etc to work aorund the imperfections of J2ME implementations amoung SUN and OEMs.

The QA improvements SUN has made now take time to work themselves down to OEMS and it takes time for those devices with those changes to saturate the market and currently devices cannot update thier J2mE environment. THUs, we are faced with handling legacy J2ME imperfect implementations and even 5 years waya there will be some percentage of those devices in the market place.

Since we cannot control the implmenetation thna we have to ramp up the feedback via code metrics, code analysis for code review, and etc in an automatic way that can be run by one developer with easy configuration. Thus, the need for the ORCA TDD Build Framework.

What about a href="http://research.sun.com/projects/jackpot/">Sun's Jackpot? Jackpot has a different strategy and different goals for a tool for J2SE and J2ee develolprs and quite frankly the J2ME developer process has large parts of that process that are vasty differnt from J2SE/J2EE development.

Orca TDD Build Framework is inteneded to be IDE non centric running either from ANT or IDE+ANT and is focused on being FOSS licensed for all j2me devlopers no matter if they are open source, free source, or closed source.

Read: The Why of Orca TDD Build Framework

Topic: .NET Nullable Trilogy Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Working with WIKI markup

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use