The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Java News Brief (JNB): Monitoring and Management with J2SE 5.0

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Weiqi Gao

Nickname: weiqigao

Weiqi Gao is a Java programmer.
Java News Brief (JNB): Monitoring and Management with J2SE 5.0 Posted: Feb 9, 2005 7:57 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Weiqi Gao.
Original Post: Java News Brief (JNB): Monitoring and Management with J2SE 5.0
Feed Title: Weiqi Gao's Weblog
Feed URL: http://www.weiqigao.com/blog/rss.xml
Feed Description: Sharing My Experience...
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Weiqi Gao
Latest Posts From Weiqi Gao's Weblog

Advertisement

This month's Java News Brief (JNB) talks about Monitoring and Management with J2SE 5.0. It is written by yours truly, based on the OCI internal Java lunch I did 26 days ago.

The inspriation came a few days before J2SE 5.0 was released, when I was looking at the latest beta. What do I do when I inspect a JDK beta? Well, First of all, I did some thing like this:

[weiqi@gao] $ cd $JAVA_HOME/bin; ls
appletviewer   jarsigner     javaws     jstack   native2ascii  serialver
apt            java          jconsole   jstat    orbd          servertool
ControlPanel   javac         jdb        jstatd   pack200       tnameserv
extcheck       javadoc       jinfo      keytool  policytool    unpack200
HtmlConverter  javah         jmap       kinit    rmic
idlj           javap         jps        klist    rmid
jar            java-rmi.cgi  jsadebugd  ktab     rmiregistry

I then did a ls in $JAVA_HOME/doc and saw a file named (something like, I don't recall exactly) blockdiagram.html. It contained an HTML table version of the Java Block Diagram. Somehow the word "Management" just jumped out of the HTML table at me. And I said, I have to learn what this is all about.

I can think of numerous situations in my past Java projects where something like this would be very useful, either in development or in production. I hope the article will be helpful for someone.

Like always, please do subscribe to the JNB list (the form is at the upper right corner of the JNB page). You will receive future JNB articles in email.

Oh, one more thing, have you ever read the file $JAVA_HOME/THIRDPARTYLICENSEREADME.txt?

Read: Java News Brief (JNB): Monitoring and Management with J2SE 5.0

Topic: Title Bar Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: More Advanced Synth

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use