The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Average technical training quality: what do you think?

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Hugo Pinto

Nickname: hugopinto

Hugo Pinto is the Technical Director at S-Tecno, a Portuguese Java Center
Average technical training quality: what do you think? Posted: Aug 3, 2003 7:54 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Hugo Pinto.
Original Post: Average technical training quality: what do you think?
Feed Title: Hugo Out There
Feed URL: http://sedoparking.com/search/registrar.php?domain=®istrar=sedopark
Feed Description: Welcome to my blog. It happened. I succumbed to the vanity exercise that a weblog is and started my own one. Here you’ll find information and thoughts (some worth reading, some… not) on Java, J2EE, Software Architecture, Music and Parapolitics
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Hugo Pinto
Latest Posts From Hugo Out There

Advertisement
Fellow bloggers,

I'm giving a training on Web Services starting this monday. Couple of days ago, however, I was talking to the commercial director of a portuguese training company, and he was telling me that there was a dramatic difference in attendance rates between system administrator and programmer courses, and that a survey he had concluded that this was mostly because people attending to development trainings were NOT trusting their trainers' knowledge - as most of them limited themselves to reading slides.

This shocked me. Altought I DID experience some really bad trainings myself, I wasn't aware that there were so many bad trainers out there that it would justify a survey! :) I'm a Java trainer and a Software Engineering teacher at a portuguese university. I badly believe in putting as much heart in my classes and trainings as I can, and delivering the best training possible - this was not my conscience of the marketplace.

What is your experience? Do you regularly attend technical development-oriented trainings? From the ones you attended, was the average good, or just boring slide-delivery? And one other question: would you prefer technology-oriented trainings ("The J2EE platform APIs") or task-oriented ones ("Developing GUI-based enterprise applications with J2EE")?

Thanks for any help.

Hugo

Read: Average technical training quality: what do you think?

Topic: HowTo: Upgrade your app to JSP 2.0 Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Standards, stupidities and tech's future

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use