The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Is Sun taking the Microsoft way to capturing the Java IDE market with NetBeans?

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Harshad Oak

Nickname: harshadoak

Harshad Oak is the creator of IndicThreads.com and the author of the three Java books.
Is Sun taking the Microsoft way to capturing the Java IDE market with NetBeans? Posted: Jan 13, 2005 12:52 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Harshad Oak.
Original Post: Is Sun taking the Microsoft way to capturing the Java IDE market with NetBeans?
Feed Title: Java J2EE blog by Harshad Oak
Feed URL: http://www.contegix.com/suspended.page/
Feed Description: Views and News about Java, J2EE and IndicThreads.com
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Harshad Oak
Latest Posts From Java J2EE blog by Harshad Oak

Advertisement
I just read a news item that said "Sun's plans tie Java and the latest version of NetBeans tightly together". 
This new strategy seems a lot like the way Microsoft captured the browser space by tying Windows and IE browser together and then the instant messenger market by tying Outlook Express and MSN Messenger together.
Already Sun encourages you to download NetBeans by providing bundled downloads and stuff. This new policy would mean that getting started with NetBeans would be far easier than Eclipse or any of the alternatives.
Don't get me wrong. I like NetBeans a lot and I think it is maturing very well. However I don't think tying it to Java is the way forward.

Related Links: Eclipse vs NetBeans
Reference: Sun To Tighten NetBeans 4.1 and Java in 2005

Read: Is Sun taking the Microsoft way to capturing the Java IDE market with NetBeans?

Topic: Finding New Things (in Rails) Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: ClientJava.com Links(7) - Netbeans Platform vs. Eclipse, Rich + Thin Client, Swing app converts...

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use