The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
How to decide which persistence technology to use? JDBC / CMP Entity Beans / Hibernate / JDO ?

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Harshad Oak

Nickname: harshadoak

Harshad Oak is the creator of IndicThreads.com and the author of the three Java books.
How to decide which persistence technology to use? JDBC / CMP Entity Beans / Hibernate / JDO ? Posted: Jan 12, 2005 9:27 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Harshad Oak.
Original Post: How to decide which persistence technology to use? JDBC / CMP Entity Beans / Hibernate / JDO ?
Feed Title: Java J2EE blog by Harshad Oak
Feed URL: http://www.contegix.com/suspended.page/
Feed Description: Views and News about Java, J2EE and IndicThreads.com
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Harshad Oak
Latest Posts From Java J2EE blog by Harshad Oak

Advertisement
Almost every web application today talks to a database. So at the start of each project, one question is surely going to come up. Which persistence technology to use?

I tried to google my way to the answer however either my google skills are limited or the answer / a fair  comparison of the available technologies isn't out there.

So I have started a discussion at IndicThreads.com about the subject. Based on reader comments here, I will compile a comparison of these 4 persistence technologies into a tabular form.

I will keep updating the table as new comments come in.

So if you have something to say about 1. JDBC 2. Hibernate 3. CMP Entity Beans 4. JDO

Please add your comment at Java Persistence Technology Comparison

Read: How to decide which persistence technology to use? JDBC / CMP Entity Beans / Hibernate / JDO ?

Topic: Why cool is good for your brain Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: A Comparative Study of Persistence Mechanisms for the Java Platform

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use