The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Re: Vodka

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Michael Cote

Nickname: bushwald

Cote is a programmer in Austin, Texas.
Re: Vodka Posted: Dec 8, 2004 12:08 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Michael Cote.
Original Post: Re: Vodka
Feed Title: Cote's Weblog: Coding, Austin, etc.
Feed URL: https://cote.io/feed/
Feed Description: Using Java to get to the ideal state.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Michael Cote
Latest Posts From Cote's Weblog: Coding, Austin, etc.

Advertisement

Lunt asks what brands of Vodka I like. I'm not huge sampler of vodka, but here's some I've tasted:

Grey Goose. This is what I typically drink when out (WITH LIME!), but I don't buy it for home too much anymore. That's not because I don't like it, but it's because I prefer to get a different brand of vodka each time I buy a bottle.

Tito's Handmade Vodka

Tito's. You've got the best all around vodka here: it's made in Austin, so it's cheap (like $14-16), and it's extremely smooth. I'd give Tito's a big recommendation.

Stoli. I don't really like it, but I'll drink it. It just tastes cheap, despite being so high-fa-lutin. The flavored ones are all right, e.g., vanilla Stoli and soda. Anything candy-flavored (Malabu) with soda and crushed ice is a-OK with me.

Gilby's 100 proof. My dad swears by this one: it's cheap and it's potent. He mixes it with stuff (juice or cola), so it might require some cutting. I've had it on occasion, and it's fine for a cheap vodka, esp. with one of Dad's Mixers.

Ketel One

Ketel One. I get this when I'm out at times. Tastes just fine. Still, I'd prefer Grey Goose or Hangar 1.

Absolut

Absolut. Nope, I don't really like this one either. It feels too much like plastic bottle booze: it's got that crackly taste to it, like your drinking cool, liquid metal.

Vodka Monopollowa

Vodka Monopolowa, from Vienna, Austria. This is the only potato vodka I remember trying. It's pretty smooth, but it has a slightly funny taste. Probably the potatoes. I'd recommend it just to make sure you try a potato vodka and 'cause it has a wicked cool USSR-1930's-style label.

Hangar 1

Hangar 1. So far, this is the best Vodka I've ever had. It tastes totally unique, kind of herby-fruity-natural, and has an almost spring water feel to it. I've been having a little drink of it most every night since I bought a bottle last week. Despite my initial fears that'd it be way expensive, it wasn't more than I'm used to paying for fancy-pants booze: about $35. Hell, that's nuthin': there's bourbons and Scotches that'll blow your wallet-brain if you're worried about spending that little on the fire-water.

Like I said in a past post, I tend to drink my booze straight, or "neat." So, with a few exceptions, I don't know how these taste mixed. However, when I have had bad vodka in mixed drinks, it always seems to taste kind of nasty, compared to better vodkas.

Read: Re: Vodka

Topic: [Nov 25, 2004 07:49 PST] 7 Links Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Book Review: Expert One-on-One J2EE Development without EJB

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use