The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Desktop Java Live: XML GUI Frameworks

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Scott Delap

Nickname: scottdelap

Client / Server application developer.
Desktop Java Live: XML GUI Frameworks Posted: Nov 26, 2004 9:39 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Scott Delap.
Original Post: Desktop Java Live: XML GUI Frameworks
Feed Title: ClientJava.com
Feed URL: http://www.clientjava.com/archives/wireless_mobile.rdf
Feed Description: Client/Desktop Related Java Development
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Scott Delap
Latest Posts From ClientJava.com

Advertisement

It is strange the way things sometimes come up in the blogging world. I've been doing a little research into XML GUI frameworks for Desktop Java Live. This morning I notice the following blog post:

Some XML to GUI Tools
I been developing Java GUI for about 2 years and frankly It?s not very good experience. Sometimes I missed how easy to build GUI in VB or Delphi. I know that netbeans has GUI builder and we can use JBuilder to make some nice GUI, but I don?t really satisfied with the result from both tools.

Apparently I'm not the only one looking at XML GUI sites today. So with that in mind here is a fresh batch of links related to this topic if anyone is interested on the Friday after Thanksgiving.

SwingML
SwingML is an effort to create a markup language to render in a web browser JFC/Swing based graphical user interfaces.

SwiXml
SwiXml, is a small GUI generating engine for Java applications and applets. Graphical User Interfaces are described in XML documents that are parsed at runtime and rendered into javax.swing objects.

Beryl XML GUI
The Beryl XML GUI library was written to ease the development of graphical user interfaces using Swing on Java. It lets you store user interfaces as XML markup. This will help you avoid unnecessary clutter in your source - Swing code mixed with application logic can become a troublesome and hard to read mess as the application size increases. The library comes with a visual component builder, which makes development a breeze.

Thinlet
Thinlet is a GUI toolkit, a single Java class, parses the hierarchy and properties of the GUI, handles user interaction, and calls business logic. Separates the graphic presentation (described in an XML file) and the application methods (written as Java code).

Luxor
Luxor is a free, open-source XML UI Language (XUL) toolkit in released under the GNU General Public License (GPL) that lets you build UIs using XML and includes an ultra-light weight, multi-threaded web server, a portal engine, a template engine (Velocity), a scripting interpreter (Python) and more.

Read: Desktop Java Live: XML GUI Frameworks

Topic: Security warning with TWiki Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Better, Faster, Lighter Java

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use