The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Prevayler is moving to the haus!

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Carlos Villela

Nickname: cvillela

Carlos Villela is a Java developer working mostly with web technologies and AOP.
Prevayler is moving to the haus! Posted: Jul 21, 2003 10:23 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Carlos Villela.
Original Post: Prevayler is moving to the haus!
Feed Title: That's sooo '82!
Feed URL: http://www.jroller.com/rss/cv?catname=Technical
Feed Description: Carlos Villela's weblog. Everyday life, everyday software development, everyday musings.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Carlos Villela
Latest Posts From That's sooo '82!

Advertisement
Jon Tirsen recently surprised me with an e-mail on the Prevayler mailing lists about the Buildmeister (great work, guys!), and that Prevayler is included in the nightly builds. Definitely awesome - I love those foo-20030722.jar files.

But there's more to it than just the buildmeister. Soon, we'll see Prevayler's CVS moved to the Codehaus, which means, basically, that Prevayler is going to get a new home at the haus. Feels good to see that, as I've been working (well, others might put I've been just interrupting real work with stupid questions ;)) on Prevayler for almost two years now, and saw it grow from a little baby screaming for attention to its more teen-aged versions, getting even louder in the proccess.

I sure hope that people who were criticizing Prevayler on the blogosphere realize it's potentials and shortcomings and start to consider it as a viable persistence mechanism for small-to-medium datastores. It certainly rocks for me - everytime I get to do RDBMS-related stuff, I keep thinking about how good it would be to use Prevayler on the project.

So, again, congratulations to all the really nice folks developing Prevayler (may I include myself on this list? :), and let's expect even more wicked cool stuff being developed with it in the near future. Kudos, guys!

Read: Prevayler is moving to the haus!

Topic: President Taking Over Lawrence Lessig's Blog Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: OutOfMemoryError 1, Maven 0

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use