The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
ClientJava.com Links(17) - JDIC Tutorial, More Swing Components, Google and Java

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Scott Delap

Nickname: scottdelap

Client / Server application developer.
ClientJava.com Links(17) - JDIC Tutorial, More Swing Components, Google and Java Posted: Oct 15, 2004 9:36 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Scott Delap.
Original Post: ClientJava.com Links(17) - JDIC Tutorial, More Swing Components, Google and Java
Feed Title: ClientJava.com
Feed URL: http://www.clientjava.com/archives/wireless_mobile.rdf
Feed Description: Client/Desktop Related Java Development
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Scott Delap
Latest Posts From ClientJava.com

Advertisement

Everytime I take a day off everyone writes about client related java...

IconExperience - Updated with 350+ new icons
Over the last months INCORS GmbH has created more than 350 new icons for the IconExperience icon collections. Just two days ago we have added the new icons to our collections, which now contain more than 1500 icons in total.

Google, Java, and the client
JavaLobby discussion.

JDS as a gaming platform?
Ricardo Wagemaker of of GCCLinux.com talks about why they are making a major push for Java Desktop System combined with Looking Glass as a powerful gaming platform. Sun, according to Ricardo, is really the first company to make a serious effort at brining Unix onto the desktop.

Introducing JDesktop Integration Components, Part 1
If you have been a Java developer for a while you may have had the experience of being told that Java can't do everything that native C can. You may have struggled with the HMTLEditor pane while Windows developers down the hall embed Internet Explorer into their programs with just a few lines of code. I'll admit it: as great as Java is, there are times I long for the features and system access of native programming. Well, we don't have to wait any longer...

Testing Multithreaded Code with Mock Objects

Rich Internet Application (RiA) Presentation...

TreeTable implementation
JavaLobby thread. What is the "standard" implementation these days? I would start with the JDNC version.

Project Looking Glass Online Chat
October 26. 11:00 A.M. PDT/18:00 P.M. UTC. Project Looking Glass

Project Looking Glass brings 3D windowing capabilities and other advances that offer a dramatically rich user experience for desktop users. Get insights into Project Looking Glass from its creator, Hideya Kawahara, and from two key engineers on the Project Looking Glass team: Paul Byrne, and Deron Johnson.

ICal4j
iCal4j is a Java library used to read and write iCalendar data streams as defined in RFC2445. Providing both a parser and an object model, iCal4j allows you to either modify existing iCalendar data or create new data models. Validation is also provided to 1f40 ensure the data maintains a state consistent with the specification.

Alto Live - Rich Enterprise Application in a Browser
Rich application framework written in Java.

Java Web Start and Bugster
So we moved our monolithic bug tracking tool into Java Web Start and called it 'Bugster'. No longer can you open up a new bug - you now open up a 'change request'. So, the new app feels better, and it's certainly a lot faster than the old interface, but a couple of things still bug the crap out of me...

CLI-on-the-GUI
Quicksilver has totally changed my way of computing. Yes, I?m late to the game in announcing it?s virtues to the world, but there?s something that has to be said about this: Quicksilver is the regular user?s command-line.

ICEpdf 1.1
ICEsoft Technologies has announced the release of version 1.1 of ICEpdf, a Java software development kit for rendering PDF content. ICEpdf supports font embedding and substitution, viewing, navigating, and printing. New features include support for Acrobat standard security, document information and permissions, and improved memory management and font substitution.

And then there were more than 50: More Swing Component Libraries
The javadesktop.org Swing Component Depot column has a backlog of more than 50 component suites. They'll all appear there eventually however we thought you'd like to see the queue now, in all its unadorned glory. So, here for your delectation is a brief summary of all 50+ of them.

Working in Swing Event Thread
I often meet this small problem to solve: according to the value of some check box, I have to enable/disable all the Components on a given Panel. Now, as a first approach, I tried naively this line of code...

RDF Java Tree GUI Stuff

Java app reveals NYC security cams
A privacy advocacy group has teamed up with an MIT researcher to create a Java application that maps surveillance cameras in Manhattan. Handheld users can use the application to be aware of and avoid the cameras, which can be added to the database at the group's website, Applied Autonomy.

Read: ClientJava.com Links(17) - JDIC Tutorial, More Swing Components, Google and Java

Topic: Exclusive QA with Microsoft's Steve Ballmer Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Client vs. Server Framework Summary

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use