The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
JSR-139 (CLDC 1.1) now final

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Marc Logemann

Nickname: loge

Marc Logemann is founder of www.logentis.de a Java consultancy
JSR-139 (CLDC 1.1) now final Posted: Jul 9, 2003 2:47 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Marc Logemann.
Original Post: JSR-139 (CLDC 1.1) now final
Feed Title: Marc's Java Blog
Feed URL: http://www.logemann.org/day/index_java.xml
Feed Description: Java related topics for all major areas. So you will see J2ME, J2SE and J2EE issues here.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Marc Logemann
Latest Posts From Marc's Java Blog

Advertisement

The group members of JSR-139 recently finalized their spec for CLDC 1.1. For all those out there not very intimate with the whole J2ME thing, the "Connected Limited Device Configuration" is some kind of base fundament for all applications, in the CLDC there are the very core classes, which are complemented by the profile classes, the most known is MIDP. Now what gives us CLDC 1.1 in the future:

* floating point support
* weak references
* Calendar, Date, TimeZone classes more J2SE compliant
* error handling refined
* Thread class was enhanced in a J2SE way

As you might expect, the minimum memory requirements on the device implementing CLDC1.1 increased from 160kb to 192kb. This is mostly because of the support of floating point numbers.

Another exciting thing is the existence of a hotspot capable virtual machine. I read it is also backward compatible with CLDC 1.0 but i heard about it in the context of 1.1. So lets see when device manufacturers will start implementing this thing. See a nice white paper on CLDC HotSpot. The ultimative reference documentation site for the J2ME world is here.

Read: JSR-139 (CLDC 1.1) now final

Topic: Red Hat e Sun discutem uma versao Open Source do Java Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Now I have interceptors for Struts actions as well

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use