The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Hitting your stride

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Chris Winters

Nickname: cwinters

Daytime: Java hacker; nighttime: Perl hacker; sleeptime: some of both.
Hitting your stride Posted: Jul 6, 2003 9:49 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Chris Winters.
Original Post: Hitting your stride
Feed Title: cwinters.com
Feed URL: http://www.cwinters.com/search/registrar.php?domain=jroller.com®istrar=sedopark
Feed Description: Chris Winters on Java, programming and technology, usually in that order.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Chris Winters
Latest Posts From cwinters.com

Advertisement
It's a wonderful feeling when you're working on a project and the barrier between an idea and the implementation is almost nonexistent. I was doing work on OI2 last night, trying to get another content generator besides the Template Toolkit working. (Yes, Text::Template works, HTML::Template is coming soon.) Along the way I thought of an feature to swap content generators -- having the option to declare your output destination (template name) in the configuration rather than specify it in the code. (It's not required because I don't want to force people to declare too much.) This makes it easy to create a new action that uses the same code but sends its data to a different output destination and uses a different processing engine-- true MVC! What's fantastic is that took about ten minutes to implement, document and test out. ...

Read: Hitting your stride

Topic: Via Vodafone-JavaGamesContest Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: More Yeti the Dog

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use