The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Tapestry, and Less Configuration

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
dion

Nickname: dion

Dion Almaer is the Editor-in-Chief for TheServerSide.com, and is an enterprise Java evangelist
Tapestry, and Less Configuration Posted: Aug 16, 2004 9:32 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by dion.
Original Post: Tapestry, and Less Configuration
Feed Title: techno.blog(Dion)
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/dion
Feed Description: blogging about life the universe and everything tech
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by dion
Latest Posts From techno.blog(Dion)

Advertisement
Mike Henderson is on a roll with his entries on Tapestry, and custom hooks. Less Configuration - Enhanced Tapestry Component Resolution, Part Two, Part Three. I like to be able to organize files into groups with folders and I also don't like to do too much configuration file maintenance. Tapestry will find components in the /WEB-INF directory in my WAR without configuration but with many pages and components in an application it becomes unwieldy. Tapestry allows me to add these components to my specification, specifying the path, relative to the /WEB-INF folder, and t-deli.com provides an ant-task to automate the maintenance of these component declarations. What if I could structure my pages and components into any directory structure I want and not have worry about maintaining the application specification file, even with an automated tool? I could add components while testing without a restart. Since servlet containers can explode a deployed WAR file into a directory structure this method would even work in a deployed Tapestry application. Fortunately, Tapestry has a number of extension points which can be used to extend various framework behaviors. One of these is the ISpecificationResolverDelegate interface. I wonder if any of this will change with 3.1.... especially with the enhanced HiveMind stuff.

Read: Tapestry, and Less Configuration

Topic: Wearing a "Real Name" badge Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Simple Prescription for Web Services Serialization Headache

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use