The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Together Designer CE on Mac OS X (from Linux installer)

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Simon Brown

Nickname: simonbrown

Simon Brown is a Java developer, architect and author.
Together Designer CE on Mac OS X (from Linux installer) Posted: Aug 4, 2004 2:40 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Simon Brown.
Original Post: Together Designer CE on Mac OS X (from Linux installer)
Feed Title: Simon Brown's weblog
Feed URL: http://www.simongbrown.com/blog/feed.xml?flavor=rss20&category=java
Feed Description: My thoughts on Java, software development and technology.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Simon Brown
Latest Posts From Simon Brown's weblog

Advertisement

Following on from Weiqi's "Cross-Platform As Long As It's Windows, Solaris, Linux/x86?", I decided to install Together from the Linux installer. Although my hacking skillz have been exhausted, I did manage to get the GUI installer to run. It doesn't do anything but I got a screenshot!

"Together

As you can see, the installer knows I have a Mac, it's just Borland that doesn't. In summary ... I downloaded the 53Mb bin file (about 20 times because they have a dodgy download site) and ran it from the command line. The extraction of the JDK works, but of course it's a Linux JDK and my Mac doesn't like that. After several attempts, the installation files were left in /tmp and here you can unextract the Together install image and run the installer, which doesn't work. There seem to be some binary files associated with Together Designer CE and I think this is where the problem lies. Hopefully Borland will produce a Mac edition, and hopefully it'll run as fast as other platforms. ;-)

Read: Together Designer CE on Mac OS X (from Linux installer)

Topic: [Jul 27, 2004 17:19 PDT] 8 Links Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Annotations are not for configuration

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use