The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
NetBeans bug or feature?

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Oliver Burn

Nickname: oburn

Oliver Burn is a solutions architect for KAZ Technology Services.
NetBeans bug or feature? Posted: Jun 30, 2003 8:50 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Oliver Burn.
Original Post: NetBeans bug or feature?
Feed Title: Oliver's Blog
Feed URL: http://sedoparking.com/search/registrar.php?domain=®istrar=sedopark
Feed Description: Contains the rantings of me. The thoughts are all personal and do not reflect at all on the companies I work for. (mumble: damn lawyers!)
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Oliver Burn
Latest Posts From Oliver's Blog

Advertisement

One of the things I enjoy about developing Checkstyle is that I get to find out all sorts of bizarre things. Olivier Pourny is working on upgrading the Checkstyle plug-in for NetBeans to support release 3.1 (of Checkstyle).

The implementation of Checkstyle loads a configuration file for package name mapping. It loads the file using the method ClassLoader.getResourceAsStream(String).

Originally Checkstyle was using the parameter "checkstyle_packages.xml", which will locate the file in the default package. It turns out that under NetBeans this is not valid and the resource will not be loaded. It is documented here.

To accommodate NetBeans the location of the file have been moved. But since the original code works in plug-ins for Eclipse and jEdit, is this a bug or a feature? I tend to favour the former explanation.

Read: NetBeans bug or feature?

Topic: The BileBlog Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: JavaTips @ CodeFront

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use