The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
DDL from OO Design

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
dion

Nickname: dion

Dion Almaer is the Editor-in-Chief for TheServerSide.com, and is an enterprise Java evangelist
DDL from OO Design Posted: Jul 14, 2004 1:26 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by dion.
Original Post: DDL from OO Design
Feed Title: techno.blog(Dion)
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/dion
Feed Description: blogging about life the universe and everything tech
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by dion
Latest Posts From techno.blog(Dion)

Advertisement
Merrick talks about generating DDL from OO design. Letting a computer generate stuff never seems to be a perfect scenario :) The names that it generates are never human readable. Assumptions are made without context, and you will never be totally happy with it. So, if you really care about these things then you have two choices: Don't use the tools!: That's right. Do the DDL yourself and the mapping to your OO model Generate, and then fix: You can use the tool for a quick skeleton and then go through changing things. This can sometimes take more time! I *do* like the auto-gen when I am doing prototypes / playing around as I don't even have to think about the DDL then. In this scenario it is a nice feature for the OO mapper to have.

Read: DDL from OO Design

Topic: Yeah, like I could do that... Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: [Jul 6, 2004 10:28 PDT] 5 Links

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use