The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
The History of Tapestry @ Jakarta

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Anthony Eden

Nickname: aeden

Anthony Eden is President and Lead Developer of Aetrion LLC
The History of Tapestry @ Jakarta Posted: Jun 26, 2003 4:08 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Anthony Eden.
Original Post: The History of Tapestry @ Jakarta
Feed Title: All Things
Feed URL: http://allthings.mp/
Feed Description: Blogging about Java, Python, technology and generally anything which is of interest to me.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Anthony Eden
Latest Posts From All Things

Advertisement
I love translations:

1. Tapestry petitioned Jakarta
2. Andy explained to them what they were doing wrong, attached to their community, explained voting rules, licensing, community vs code, etc.
3. Tapestry folks adopted these and came back
4. Tapestry folks were told "you get to be our guinea pig"
5. Tapestry folks cried
6. Andy cried
7. Tapestry + Andy sucked it up and proposed to the incubator
8. The long long flamewar and trial of tears began
9. Andy + Tapestry persisted and finally the board told everyone to shut up
10. Tapestry began "incubation" which consisted of Andy + Sam and the Tapestry folks doing things, and everyone else watching and talking about it amongst themselves
11. Andy + Tapestry discovered some remaining licensing issues, Sander assisted, Tapestry folks fixed them
12. Tapestry started working under GUMP
13. Andy proposed vote at Jakarta PMC, Incubator, Tapestry-dev (tricameral...Yuck!)
14. All votes passed
15. Tapestry folks petitioned Andy to get off his rump and Andy said "When I get into town...when I get into town"
16. Andy went to Mt. Evans,CO to meditate on the whole thing (pictures and video available soon)
17. Andy moved the site and posted the news items, publicised, etc.
18. Tapestry folks adjusted their scripts, edited the things Andy messed up (presumably) and
19. Someone asked Andy "don't you want to do that again" -- Andy said #16 what nice, but no thank you or only if I really really thought the project was worth it like tapestry...that only happens once in awhile..." (Nothing based on JSP qualifies ;-) )
20. Now.

Read: The History of Tapestry @ Jakarta

Topic: Views and Forms Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Just released UPL 6.0

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use