The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Final piece in the puzzle...

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Carlos Villela

Nickname: cvillela

Carlos Villela is a Java developer working mostly with web technologies and AOP.
Final piece in the puzzle... Posted: Jun 26, 2003 3:07 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Carlos Villela.
Original Post: Final piece in the puzzle...
Feed Title: That's sooo '82!
Feed URL: http://www.jroller.com/rss/cv?catname=Technical
Feed Description: Carlos Villela's weblog. Everyday life, everyday software development, everyday musings.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Carlos Villela
Latest Posts From That's sooo '82!

Advertisement
From a comment, a few posts ago:

"We're building a CMS using AOP too, and we used the same ideas for composition of objects (i.e. the base object does nothing). We handle security exactly like Jon said in the first comment, i.e. using a servlet filter to set a threadlocal. The aspect delegates the actual security computation to a service, so it's easy to use explicitly as well, but that's just implementation details." - Rickard

My first and abrupt thought was "oh my god, THE Rickard Öberg talked to me", and then the left side of the brain took over, stopped my ass-kissing cheer-leading impulses and paid attention to what the man says. Yeah, sorry about that, I shouldn't be blogging what's going on in my head with so much uninteresting details. Back to what the man says, shall we? :)

Awesome, a Servlet Filter...perfect place to set a static ThreadLocal with the user credentials. I was already trying to mess around with ThreadLocals (never needed to use them before - yes, my job was that boring :), and everything was coming along in my head, but I was trying to set up just a simple WebWork action, and it'd be quite messy (others might be a little more extreme and call it just plain wrong...) to create an ActionSupport subclass and extend that subclass on all of my actions. Now the whole puzzle fits together like a charm. Thanks again, guys, you've made my week :D

Read: Final piece in the puzzle...

Topic: Tapestry Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: My web.xml file is finally empty!

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use