The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Weblogs at java.net

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Nick Lothian

Nickname: nicklothia

Nick Lothian is Java Developer & Team Leader
Weblogs at java.net Posted: Jun 26, 2003 12:16 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Nick Lothian.
Original Post: Weblogs at java.net
Feed Title: BadMagicNumber
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/Badmagicnumber
Feed Description: Java, Development and Me
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Nick Lothian
Latest Posts From BadMagicNumber

Advertisement

Sun's attempt to create a community - java.net - includes some weblogs.

I'm a little cynical about how useful this site will end up. Most Sun-run website seem to end up with millions of questions like "I must create an Enterprise Java Website. Should I use Strings or StringBuffers" (okay, I made that up) or more seriously, things like this question picked on entirly at random:

hi, I have faced folloing error while trying to deploy in deployment tool.. I got without failed message in verifier. plz help me,why this problem caused..
Even giving him credit for including the stack trace, it's the kind of thing that a (very) quick search on google finds the solution to (look here for the solution, btw)

Am I being too harsh? Maybe creating a community from the top down will work - GotDotNet is fairly successful.

(Re-reading this, it seems very badly reasoned - the java forums suck, therefore this new site will suck isn't a logical argument at all. None the less I do have doubts about how succesful Sun can make it.)

Read: Weblogs at java.net

Topic: ctl+shift+v in IDEA Previous Topic    

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use