The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Dog Art and What You Tell Your Mom

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Paul Brown

Nickname: paulrbrown

Paul Brown is an entrepreneur
Dog Art and What You Tell Your Mom Posted: Jun 18, 2004 6:57 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Paul Brown.
Original Post: Dog Art and What You Tell Your Mom
Feed Title: mult.ifario.us
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/MultifariousCategoryJava
Feed Description: Software. Business. Java. XML. Web Services.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Paul Brown
Latest Posts From mult.ifario.us

Advertisement
Sometimes you lose track of people, and that's been the case with me, as I've left behind various friends and contacts each time I changed geography (Portland, Bay Area, Chicago), but then you run into people again.Bowman Hastie, with whom I had a short-lived but productive musical collaboration (MC Extra Cheese and DJ PRB - sorry no MP3's available) over a decade ago when we both lived in Portland, OR, has a dog named Tillamook Cheddar who is an internationally renowned artist.Cool.This reminds me of good advice I got from an experienced entrepreneur about investor pitches for technical products: Start out with something easy to understand; think about how to tell your Mom (or Dad) what you do. Promoting a painting dog would make perfect sense to my parents, but I'm still working on a parent-friendly, cocktail-party-suitable explanation of why a BPEL engine is important.

Read: Dog Art and What You Tell Your Mom

Topic: SonyEricsson K700: Amazing and in (J2ME) 3D Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Dont wait for MIDP 2.0 devices!

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use