The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
The Spud is getting active

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Oliver Burn

Nickname: oburn

Oliver Burn is a solutions architect for KAZ Technology Services.
The Spud is getting active Posted: Jun 23, 2003 8:31 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Oliver Burn.
Original Post: The Spud is getting active
Feed Title: Oliver's Blog
Feed URL: http://sedoparking.com/search/registrar.php?domain=®istrar=sedopark
Feed Description: Contains the rantings of me. The thoughts are all personal and do not reflect at all on the companies I work for. (mumble: damn lawyers!)
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Oliver Burn
Latest Posts From Oliver's Blog

Advertisement

It is great to see that Spud (a.k.a Matt Quail) is starting to get involved in open-source development, including Checkstyle. Matt is easily one of best developers I have ever come across in my career. So good in fact, he claims to have read the "Java in a Nutshell" book the night before I interviewed him as a graduate. To this day, he was one of the best Java programmers I interviewed.

The real irony is that when Matt started work, I got him to develop the predecessor to Checkstyle that used ANTLR. Over the course of a few weeks, involving extensive reviews, Matt produced a great little application that ended being used by our sponsor company site. His reward was to then spend a couple of weeks fixing all the errors the tool found in the software the team had written over the last six months (this included Javadoc:-).

Read: The Spud is getting active

Topic: ctl+shift+v in IDEA Previous Topic    

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use