The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Listen to Geir: Persisting Problems

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
dion

Nickname: dion

Dion Almaer is the Editor-in-Chief for TheServerSide.com, and is an enterprise Java evangelist
Listen to Geir: Persisting Problems Posted: Jun 8, 2004 11:40 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by dion.
Original Post: Listen to Geir: Persisting Problems
Feed Title: techno.blog(Dion)
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/dion
Feed Description: blogging about life the universe and everything tech
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by dion
Latest Posts From techno.blog(Dion)

Advertisement
I just saw Geir Magnusson Jr. and Jeremy Boynes entry discussing the problem that we have with persistence at this moment of time. I have personally written about this before here, here, and here. But back to the blog from Geir and Jeremy. The go through the problem at hand, and notice that we all want the same thing: Give me a transparent persistence API It looks like we can agree on that. So then the next question is how do we get to that path. It seems like a no-brainer to me that we should use JDO 2.0 to get there, but I am of course biased. JDO shouldn't only be in J2EE, it should be in J2SE in my opinion. You know, sometimes I want to access a data source WITHOUT being in an enterprise environment! I definitely want to do this without having to have an EJB container. It is great to hear this from some of the Apache guys, and I look forward to us all coming together to work on the same problem. If we got in the same room we would find out that having blue eyes or brown eyes don't matter. We both see. Persisting Problems

Read: Listen to Geir: Persisting Problems

Topic: Soiled Underwear Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: [May 28, 2004 10:27 PDT] 9 Links

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use