The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Travel stories from hell: Part 2, San Diego

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
dion

Nickname: dion

Dion Almaer is the Editor-in-Chief for TheServerSide.com, and is an enterprise Java evangelist
Travel stories from hell: Part 2, San Diego Posted: May 24, 2004 1:14 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by dion.
Original Post: Travel stories from hell: Part 2, San Diego
Feed Title: techno.blog(Dion)
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/dion
Feed Description: blogging about life the universe and everything tech
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by dion
Latest Posts From techno.blog(Dion)

Advertisement
I had a lovely Sunday travelling. Man it is such a pleasure. :/ I was meant to fly from Boston to DC to San Diego. Right off the bat this was not the case, as the flight from Boston to DC was delayed, and I wouldn't be able to make my connecting flight. I got onto a flight to Chicago, and was going to make a connection to L.A., and then get to San Diego. Needless to say, the plan wasn't perfect, as every single flight I was on was delayed. I spent more time sitting at an airport, and on a stationary plane... than I did in the air! What really took the biscuit, was when the Customer Service people in L.A. managed to rebook us on a flight (since we missed that connection too) and somehow double booked us on two days. The boarding pass for my wife had the wrong day on it, although they DID let us get on the plane and take our seats (good security). They then yanked us off before the flight left, and it was too late to get on another one. Luckily there were rental cars, so I booked one of those... and waited patiently for the baggage people to work out where are bags are, and how they will get them to us. Eventually they agreed to mail them to the hotel, and I hope they come soon! It was such a pleasure driving from L.A. to San Diego at 3a.m. which was crazy late for my body clock that was still on the east coast. Oh well, as soon as my clothes come I can head out to Microsoft TechEd and see my first MS conference!

Read: Travel stories from hell: Part 2, San Diego

Topic: Generics in Java Are Evil? Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: [May 13, 2004 16:11 PDT] 20 Links

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use