The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
JDO vs. EJB 3

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
dion

Nickname: dion

Dion Almaer is the Editor-in-Chief for TheServerSide.com, and is an enterprise Java evangelist
JDO vs. EJB 3 Posted: May 4, 2004 6:52 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by dion.
Original Post: JDO vs. EJB 3
Feed Title: techno.blog(Dion)
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/dion
Feed Description: blogging about life the universe and everything tech
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by dion
Latest Posts From techno.blog(Dion)

Advertisement
The ballot results for the JDO 2.0 spec are in. Although the spec passed, there was some significant "No Votes" from IBM, BEA, and Oracle. They made comments to the effect of: "There is no room for JDO anymore. EJB 3 is your new persistence model" Personally, I just want a nice transparent persistence standard. I guess if EJB 3 does a better job than JDO does.... good for them. However, logically, it seems to make more sense that: JDO: Defines a specification for transparent persistence. EJB: Define enterprise cross-cutting concerns, using existing specifications where possible. I think everyone would have been better served in this model. The JDO model allows for persistence without EJB. One of the use cases there is JDO on devices. Are we going to start to see EJB for mobile phones? JDO has a lot of smart people, who have spent a lot of time on these problems. It is almost a little arrogant to say "we don't need you". Why not involve some of these people in the process? Oh well, time will show us the story. As long as we actually get transparent persistence!

Read: JDO vs. EJB 3

Topic: Tabs versus Spaces in a nutshell Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Ambition

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use