The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
On message

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Bill de hÓra

Nickname: dehora

Bill de hÓra is a technical architect with Propylon
On message Posted: Apr 27, 2004 4:13 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Bill de hÓra.
Original Post: On message
Feed Title: Bill de hÓra
Feed URL: http://www.dehora.net/journal/atom.xml
Feed Description: FD85 1117 1888 1681 7689 B5DF E696 885C 20D8 21F8
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Bill de hÓra
Latest Posts From Bill de hÓra

Advertisement
Tim Bray joins the party: I think somebody needs to stand up and start waving a flag that's labeled 'WS-Simplification' or 'Real Web Services' or something, that's all about building applications with what's here today and what works today: XML, HTTP, URIs, SOAP, WSDL*, and that's about it. People already are. Mark Baker, Sean McGrath, Paul Prescod, Don Box, even myself, have been pointing this out in one way or another for some time. Mark Baker in particular took a lot of stick for not being on message with WS orthodoxy. Paul Prescod was disembowelling SOAP-RPC and UDDI two years ago. It's a pity the W3C's TAG hasn't been the group taking the leadership role and waving that flag. Almost everything you need to do in this space, well someone is probably already doing it with a combination of SMTP, HTTP, FTP, RDF, URI, MIME, XML. That's the WS stack. Perhaps Atom/RSS will enter that set. * I have my doubts about WSDL/SOAP - good for demos tho'. I'm probably being unfair at this stage, but SOAP/WSDL to me is tainted with all that RPC, WXS, protocol neutrality, and by Infoset weasel wording. Some of the WSDL-driven tools are very cool, but cool does not a system make....

Read: On message

Topic: XML 1.1 in a Nutshell Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Yet another object database on RDBMS backend: A new project

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use