The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Jamon - perf. measuring for coders

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Marc Logemann

Nickname: loge

Marc Logemann is founder of www.logentis.de a Java consultancy
Jamon - perf. measuring for coders Posted: Apr 22, 2004 11:19 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Marc Logemann.
Original Post: Jamon - perf. measuring for coders
Feed Title: Marc's Java Blog
Feed URL: http://www.logemann.org/day/index_java.xml
Feed Description: Java related topics for all major areas. So you will see J2ME, J2SE and J2EE issues here.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Marc Logemann
Latest Posts From Marc's Java Blog

Advertisement

I am using JAMon since its early beginnings and i never turned back to cruel System.currentTimeMillis() and the manual arithmetic afterwards. Instead i am using JAMon which can be simple like this:

import com.jamonapi.*;

public class MonitorTest {
    public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception {
        Monitor mon=null;
        for (int i=1; i<=10; i++) {
            mon = MonitorFactory.start("myFirstMonitor");
            Thread.sleep(100+i);
            mon.stop();
        }
        System.out.println(mon);  // toString() method called
    }
}

With the release of 1.0 a few months ago, the API was extended and some very useful things were added. The only thing i am missing is statistics persistence to some kind of datastore but i think this is allready on the list.

Check out JAMon yourself, its a very nice little helper when checking performance.
NOTE: Its no replacement for profilers, but some things can be done faster and easier with JAMon.

Read: Jamon - perf. measuring for coders

Topic: 2004 MySQL User's Conference Blogs Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Screen Envy

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use