The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
My New Job at Microsoft Mobile Division

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Russell Beattie

Nickname: rbeattie

Russell Beattie is a Mobile Internet Developer
My New Job at Microsoft Mobile Division Posted: Apr 1, 2004 10:21 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Russell Beattie.
Original Post: My New Job at Microsoft Mobile Division
Feed Title: Russell Beattie Notebook
Feed URL: http://www.russellbeattie.com/notebook/rss.jsp?q=java,code,mobile
Feed Description: My online notebook with thoughts, comments, links and more.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Russell Beattie
Latest Posts From Russell Beattie Notebook

Advertisement

I've got an announcement to make: Thanks to some help from Robert Scoble and some contacts I made while attending Microsoft's Mobile DevCon last week, I've received and accepted an offer to become a technical evangelist for Microsoft's Windows Mobile platform!

Yes, I know what you're thinking, "Russ, but you hate Microsoft!" Yes, that was true, but they offered me a bundle of money and the opportunity to lie to millions of developers about how great the .Net platform is, so I couldn't pass it up. Despite the fact that Microsoft's mobile technologies are way behind where Symbian is and that Microsoft's has a mobile market presence that's statistically around 0% of handheld shipments, they are putting so much money into the area that eventually they have to win, right? Exactly, I am *so* backing the winner on this one.

Yes, I understand my salary will come from the same pool of cash that help fund SCO's attacks on Linux and open source, but hey! I'm working for Microsoft now, so that's cool! Yes, my job is going to require that I move my family from the fantastic Bay Area to drizzly cold Seattle, but man, you should see the zeros on that signing bonus!

Really, when it comes down to it, I'm at heart a Microsoft man: I'm totally about sacrificing ethics and quality for money. Woohoo! I can't wait to start "innovating" and copying a bunch of stuff that Symbian and Sun are doing now.

Okay - so more info later about this move, today's very busy. Microsoft has my lobotomy scheduled for 12:30 and later on we sacrifice small animals at sunset. I don't know how I'm going to fit it all in!

-Russ

Read: My New Job at Microsoft Mobile Division

Topic: eReality ain't nuthin' Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Best Magazine Cover Ever

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use