The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Phone threat against my son

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Russell Beattie

Nickname: rbeattie

Russell Beattie is a Mobile Internet Developer
Phone threat against my son Posted: Mar 11, 2004 1:51 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Russell Beattie.
Original Post: Phone threat against my son
Feed Title: Russell Beattie Notebook
Feed URL: http://www.russellbeattie.com/notebook/rss.jsp?q=java,code,mobile
Feed Description: My online notebook with thoughts, comments, links and more.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Russell Beattie
Latest Posts From Russell Beattie Notebook

Advertisement
I'm on hold with the police. Someone called this morning and when Ana answered the phone they asked to talk to Alex, thinking they must be mistaken she asked who was calling and passed the phone to me. The guy asked for Alex again, and I said "Alex?" and he laughed and said "yeah, little Alex" and then hung up.

Welcome back to the wonderful USA. It's obviously my fault for putting too much contact info in a weblog where I regularly bitch loudly and abrasively. There's not much I can do about it now thanks to the Google cache.

Anyways, I tried *69 and that didn't work so I'm on the phone with the SF Police now and maybe the FBI next. Any thoughts on the best way to proceed would be nice. I'd like to find this guy and explain to him exactly how I feel about this.

-Russ

Update: So the SF Police gave me a case number which I had to use in a a message at the SBC Annoyance Bureau along with my details and basically everyone will get back to me. I did call the FBI, but at this point it's a local police issue. I assume that would change if it turns out the number was from out of state. I was on hold for 30+ minutes for the police but got through to the FBI immediately. Very friendly guy at the FBI. We'll see what happens now.

Read: Phone threat against my son

Topic: J2ME Programmers Wanted Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Guess Who's Home?

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use