The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
MobDot

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Russell Beattie

Nickname: rbeattie

Russell Beattie is a Mobile Internet Developer
MobDot Posted: Mar 10, 2004 4:12 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Russell Beattie.
Original Post: MobDot
Feed Title: Russell Beattie Notebook
Feed URL: http://www.russellbeattie.com/notebook/rss.jsp?q=java,code,mobile
Feed Description: My online notebook with thoughts, comments, links and more.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Russell Beattie
Latest Posts From Russell Beattie Notebook

Advertisement
I read this quick interview with Slashdot's Rob Malda (CmdrTaco) and I couldn't believe this bit:
Right now my bag has a Nokia 3360 with a pretty much permanently dead battery (I hate getting cel phone calls so that suits me.)
Great. Now we know why the coverage of mobile technologies is so freakin' bad and why the morons on Slashdot continue to post such stupid responses to anything that *does* have to do with mobile technologies. I still see dumb ass responses to new phone tech with "who the hell needs a phone to do anything more than make phone calls?" Bozos.

What we need is a MobDot. Yeah! Now, I'm not talking about another freakin' gadget blog, but something for hardcore Mobile Geeks. I want posts like "Dear Mobdot: what's the best way of supporting WAP pages targeting 456 different telephone models?" and "MobTechnica has a new article comparing the ARM9 to the newly announced ARM11." and "UMTS rollouts in Australia have surpassed most of the Western world, what are the 3G lessons from down under?" Shit like that.

Are you with me?

-Russ

Read: MobDot

Topic: First thoughts on a search project Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Interesting keynote on SOA from Orbitz starring... JINI?

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use