The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
FireFox: Edit CSS Plugin

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Russell Beattie

Nickname: rbeattie

Russell Beattie is a Mobile Internet Developer
FireFox: Edit CSS Plugin Posted: Feb 28, 2004 8:33 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Russell Beattie.
Original Post: FireFox: Edit CSS Plugin
Feed Title: Russell Beattie Notebook
Feed URL: http://www.russellbeattie.com/notebook/rss.jsp?q=java,code,mobile
Feed Description: My online notebook with thoughts, comments, links and more.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Russell Beattie
Latest Posts From Russell Beattie Notebook

Advertisement

EditCSS is an *amazing* plug in for FireFox (and other Moz variants) that I just discovered. It allows you to edit your web page's CSS in the left sidebar and watch the change in realtime in the browser pane. This is as cool as it gets in web design if you ask me.

I just was playing and added a grey background with padding to my blockquotes, which I think looks pretty cool. I was thinking about doing that at some point, but being able to just pull up my *live* site and edit the CSS and see the change in realtime is just unbelieveably cool. Check out the screen shot above, I just messed with a bunch of options until I had something very different from my current design.

Being able to see a cool-ass design on another site and being able to simply click control-8 and see the CSS and be able to experiment is also insanely cool. Combine this tool with some basic CSS knowledge from W3Schools.com and you're styling.

Great find.

-Russ

Read: FireFox: Edit CSS Plugin

Topic: Interesting rumor about Vignette from John Robb Blog 60% offshore development ouch! Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Monday's meetup in review - prevayler, scala

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use