The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Python on the S60

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Russell Beattie

Nickname: rbeattie

Russell Beattie is a Mobile Internet Developer
Python on the S60 Posted: Feb 12, 2004 1:40 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Russell Beattie.
Original Post: Python on the S60
Feed Title: Russell Beattie Notebook
Feed URL: http://www.russellbeattie.com/notebook/rss.jsp?q=java,code,mobile
Feed Description: My online notebook with thoughts, comments, links and more.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Russell Beattie
Latest Posts From Russell Beattie Notebook

Advertisement

MobileWhack has pics of Python on Series 60 as shown by Nokia CTO Pertti Korhonen during the keynote at ETech yesterday. If you missed it, there's a stream of his talk online as well. He's sort of the dry Finnish type, but it's very cool to hear what head techie at Nokia has to say about upcoming technologies and trends.

I'm still amazed that this happened actually. I said this back in September of last year:

What Symbian needs is a more robust scripting language that is *officially* supported by Symbian itself, not fobbed off to Open Source developers. It needs to be decent enough to get some real work done and support real commercial development. Python would be a great candidate, actually. There's even an old Python for EPOC project out there that hasn't been updated since 1999. How much serious developer goodwill would Symbian garner by making Python its official scripting language? Would that rule or what?

Instead of Symbian, Nokia ends up producing the goods. (Well, same thing right?) Wow... Had I known they were going to be granting my wish I may have wished for something else (that's when I was going through my Python phase I think...)! Anyways, I was right - this is definitely going to produce lots of developer good will.

Very neat. Now I wonder when we'll be able to get our hands on it? :-)

-Russ

Read: Python on the S60

Topic: IBM developerWorks Live! Technical Briefings Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Poll: What Java XUL Toolkit Do You Use Most?

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use