The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Curse of Lono Movie?

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Michael Cote

Nickname: bushwald

Cote is a programmer in Austin, Texas.
Curse of Lono Movie? Posted: Feb 3, 2004 10:40 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Michael Cote.
Original Post: Curse of Lono Movie?
Feed Title: Cote's Weblog: Coding, Austin, etc.
Feed URL: https://cote.io/feed/
Feed Description: Using Java to get to the ideal state.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Michael Cote
Latest Posts From Cote's Weblog: Coding, Austin, etc.

Advertisement
Sean Penn called at halftime to say he was feeling disillusioned about Hollywood and wanted to take a year off to concentrate entirely on becoming an expert surfer on Oahu's intimidating North Shore. I had planned to study with him out there, but this huge, dirty, 40-pound cast on my left leg won't work on a surfboard. So I have devoted my "spare time" to writing the screenplay for a movie based on my long-lost, super-strange novel called "The Curse of Lono," which will start shooting in Hawaii before the end of this year.

Hmmm.... Also, from IMDB, we find this entry for The Rum Diary.

One of the best scenes from The Curse of Lono is Thompson and friends sitting on the side lines of The Big Marathon, drinking beer, eating burgers and hot dogs (or some anti-health thing like that) yelling at all the runners running by things like, "Want a beer, fucker?!", or "You're killing yourself!", etc. Or, this vignette as typed up by an Amazon reviewer:

Flying on a jumbo jet to the race in Hawaii Thompson gets his arm stuck in a chemical toilet. He put his hand down there because his marijuana, cocaine, or whatever falls into the toilet bowl. When he comes out of the head his arm and his shirt and stained bright blue. The airliner's crew know at once what has happened.

While I'm still waiting for another book of letters to come out (for the 80's and 90's), any HST news still get a big "Yuh!"

Read: Curse of Lono Movie?

Topic: Ode to marketing Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: I won a Java keychain from Sun

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use