The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
jQuery and what other technologies we will use in 2011

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Marc Logemann

Nickname: loge

Marc Logemann is founder of www.logentis.de a Java consultancy
jQuery and what other technologies we will use in 2011 Posted: Feb 9, 2011 6:36 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Marc Logemann.
Original Post: jQuery and what other technologies we will use in 2011
Feed Title: Logemann Blog
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/LogemannBlog
Feed Description: Marc Logemann's thoughts on java and other stuff
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Marc Logemann
Latest Posts From Logemann Blog

Advertisement
Call me crazy but our next prototype will not be YUI based but jQuery. I thought they are not ready for RIA but things went fast since the last time i checked them. A lot of useful grids as plugins and they even started a jQuery-UI grid. Furthermore with wijmo there is even a commercial components company with some nice widgets on the market. More choice is good. So whats our status? We just finished our own product theme created by their excellent ThemeRoller app and we created the BorderLayout of our admin console. Its looks quite nice but has no functionality yet.

But we will use some other interessting things in 2011 which we have not used before, like:

• versioning with git (i really want to push disconnected work more and more)
  • jQuery (as mentioned before - we used is before but on very low scale)
  • Spring-MVC (we have used a lot of other web frameworks so far but not Spring's variant)
  • IP-Centrex. Basically Asterisk in the cloud. Works very well so far. No more telephony hardware in the house besides some VoiP phones of course
  • trying to reduce SOAP services in our product and push REST even more
  • WebSockets. Thats something i really want to push forward in our app
  • finishing our android app (but we are missing resources for that project)
Another big thing is my current wait more for the next coming MacBook Pro. ;-) I really need a new one but i dont want to buy the current one. I want something braaaaand new.

Read: jQuery and what other technologies we will use in 2011

Topic: Links for January 13th Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: The Readers' Choice Awards 2011

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use