The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Sharat Chander Talks about JavaOne 2010 Content Selection

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
News Manager

Nickname: newsman

News Manager is the force behind the news at Artima.com.
Sharat Chander Talks about JavaOne 2010 Content Selection Posted: Apr 28, 2010 11:29 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by News Manager.
Original Post: Sharat Chander Talks about JavaOne 2010 Content Selection
Feed Title: Java Today
Feed URL: http://weblogs.java.net/blog/editors/index.rdf
Feed Description: Java Today on java.net
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by News Manager
Latest Posts From Java Today

Advertisement

JavaOne 2010 is just around the corner! Well, sort of. While JavaOne 2010 doesn't actually happen until almost five months from now (September 19-23), the call for papers has already closed. That means, for people like Sharat Chander, the JavaOne Content Selection Chairperson, JavaOne 2010 really is just around the corner.

Tori Wieldt recently interviewed Sharat, and has published JavaOne 2010: Interview with the Sharat Chander, Content Selection Chairperson:

There's lots of buzz about the content for JavaOne 2010. I took a moment to talk with Sharat Chander, Principal Product Director in Oracle's Application Grid Product Marketing Team, about the content selection process for JavaOne.

Tori asked Sharat "what's your role in relation to JavaOne?"

Sharat: For the past four years, I've served as the one of Track Leads assigned to review and grade abstracts received during the Call for Papers(CFP). This year, I'm serving as the overall Chairperson for content selection for JavaOne 2010. Individuals can learn more about this year's Conference at: http://www.oracle.com/us/javaonedevelop/062264.html.

With regard to the number of submissions received, Sharat says "the community has definitely given us a challenging job in determining what submissions to approve for the event (a nice problem to have!)" The paper/session selection process is similar to what has existed in recent years. Starting in mid-May, emails will be sent out to people whose submissions have been accepted. Some time in June, the final sessions list will be posted to the JavaOne site.

Sharat cites three ways you can keep abreast of JavaOne 2010 news:

Read the full interview for more details.

In other Java Today news, Arun Gupta presents TOTD #130: Invoking a OSGi service from a JAX-WS Endpoint - OSGi and Enterprise Java:

Sahoo blogged about JAX-WS Web service in an OSGi bundle. This Tip Of The Day (TOTD) provides complete steps to create such an application from scratch. We will create an OSGi service, a JAX-WS compliant Web service as hybrid application, and a JAX-WS Web service client. Lets create an OSGi service first. 1. Create a simple OSGi service as explained in TOTD #36. Generate the maven project as...

Dustin Marx compares and contrasts Turn Signals and Coding Conventions:

In How Turn Signals Work, Karim Nice writes "Turn signals may be the most underutilized device on a car." I sometimes feel that when I witness drivers who cannot be bothered with indicating their intentions through use of a turn signal. Besides being simple common sense, the importance of using a turn signal to convey intentions to others is documented by multiple groups and individuals including driver safety informational sites, automobile insurance sites, law firms and legal information sites... Coding conventions are much like turn signals in that they are often a preferred and expected form of communication between developers who might not have an easier way to communicate the same information. Unfortunately...

David Geary continues his JSF 2.0 article series with JSF 2 fu: Ajax components:

Among JSF 2's many new features, two of the most compelling are arguably composite components and Ajax support. But their strength is most apparent when the two are combined, making it easy to implement Ajax-enabled custom components with a minimum of fuss. In this article, I'll show you how to implement an autocomplete component that uses Ajax to manage its list of completion items. In doing so, you'll see how you can integrate Ajax into your own composite components...

In the Weblogs, Bruno Ghisi introduces DIME - Dependency Injection for Java ME:

My masters colleague, Guilherme Hobold, and his friend, Elinton Machado, have created a very interesting project for helping Java ME applications with dependency injection. Actually, it is not only for Java ME (CLDC), but because of there is no reflection, they have done some magic to make it work in a nice way. The project is called DIME, which means Dependency Injection for Java ME. Basically it has a XML to configure the beans (it depends on kXML lib for parsing), a container to get the beans and the classes have to implemented a Bean interface that provides access to the hash table that is used to set the correct values...

Masoud Kalili presents Learning GlassFish v3 Command Line Administration Interface (CLI):

Terminals and consoles was one of the earliest types of communication interfaces between a system administrator and the system administration layer. Due to this long time presence, command line administration consoles become one the most utilized administration channel for configuring different software ranging from database engines to router’s embedded operating systems. GlassFish provides several administration channels; one of them is the command line administration interface or CLI from now on. The CLI has many unique features which make it very convenient for command line advocates and new administrators...

In the Forums, in the Java SE forum, ksemeks is getting a MidiUnavailableException: Audio Device Unavailable: Hi, so here's the deal. When I try to make a new Sequencer object, java throws this exception: javax.sound.midi.MidiUnavailableException: Audio Device Unavailable Here's the whole error...

In the JXTA forum, ariel_ro asks Can someone explain this WARNING: Queue full, dropped one or more elements?: I run a multicast client that sends messages across LAN using JxtaMulticastSocket and Datagrams. When I let the system run for a longer time I get this: Apr 27, 2010 5:13:32 PM net.jxta.impl.util.UnbiasedQueue push3 WARNING:...

plato__ posted Java TV - JavaTVapi - javax.tv.service missing: I have installed NetBeans 6.8 and jdk1.6.0_20 and the Java TV api from javatv-developers.dev.java.net. I followed all the instructions and I successfully intergrated the api and the emulator to NetBeans IDE. Althought, when creating a new project, I am...

Our Spotlight this week is the NetBeans IDE 6.9 Beta Release:

NetBeans 6.9 Beta introduces the JavaFX Composer, a visual layout tool for visually building JavaFX GUI applications, similar to the Swing GUI builder for Java SE applications. Additional highlights include OSGi interoperability for NetBeans Platform applications; support for JavaFX SDK 1.3, PHP Zend framework, and Ruby on Rails 3.0; as well as improvements to the Java Editor, Java Debugger, and issue tracking, and more. NetBeans 6.9 Beta is available in English, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese and Simplified Chinese, as well as in several community-translated languages. Learn more: http://netbeans.org

This week's java.net Poll asks What is the most important enhancement in JavaFX 1.3? The poll will be open through Friday.

Our latest Feature Article is The Match Maker Design Pattern - a New Place for the Actions, by Michael Bar-Sinai, which describes how to add actions to a system without modifying business objects, add objects without changing actions, and still keep things reusable. We also just published HTML5 Server-Push Technologies, Part 2 by Gregor Roth; this two-part series explains the new Server-Sent Events and WebSockets API in HTML5. And we're also still featuring Biswajit Sarkar's Using Styles, Themes, and Painters with LWUIT, in which you discover how to use some of the new and enhanced features in LWUIT version 1.3.

Current and upcoming Java Events:

Registered users can submit event listings for the java.net Events Page using our events submission form. All submissions go through an editorial review before being posted to the site.

Archives and Subscriptions: This blog is delivered weekdays as the Java Today RSS feed. Also, once this page is no longer featured as the front page of java.net it will be archived along with other past issues in the java.net Archive.

-- Kevin Farnham
O'Reilly Media
Twitter: @kevin_farnham

Read: Sharat Chander Talks about JavaOne 2010 Content Selection

Topic: Correction: HTC Droid Incredible phone review Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Top 5 Issues to Implement Project Management

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use