The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Syncing Address Book with an iPod

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Simon Brown

Nickname: simonbrown

Simon Brown is a Java developer, architect and author.
Syncing Address Book with an iPod Posted: Jan 14, 2004 2:50 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Simon Brown.
Original Post: Syncing Address Book with an iPod
Feed Title: Simon Brown's weblog
Feed URL: http://www.simongbrown.com/blog/feed.xml?flavor=rss20&category=java
Feed Description: My thoughts on Java, software development and technology.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Simon Brown
Latest Posts From Simon Brown's weblog

Advertisement

I was sitting on the train this morning listening to my iPod and having a look around the extra features when came across the Contacts application. It's not something that I've paid attention to before because I generally only use my iPod for playing music.

One of the great things about Mac OS X is that you get a whole bunch of applications for free, including Address Book - a cool little app that lets you store, well, addresses. I'd not used this much before, but now that I have a Palm-based PDA, I've started syncing it up to my Mac via iSync. So, since my contacts are stored in Address Book I wondered whether I could also sync it with my iPod, and what the end result would be. In short, it works like a charm. Just plug in your iPod, fire up iSync, Devices -> Add Device... and double click your iPod. Finally, click the Sync Now button and that's it - all your contacts are on your iPod.

iSync

How cool is that!

Read: Syncing Address Book with an iPod

Topic: Text Messaging For Americans Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Our First Cocoon App is Live!

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use