The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Friday Java Quiz: Know Your IDEs Capabilities

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Weiqi Gao

Nickname: weiqigao

Weiqi Gao is a Java programmer.
Friday Java Quiz: Know Your IDEs Capabilities Posted: Mar 12, 2010 6:25 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Weiqi Gao.
Original Post: Friday Java Quiz: Know Your IDEs Capabilities
Feed Title: Weiqi Gao's Weblog
Feed URL: http://www.weiqigao.com/blog/rss.xml
Feed Description: Sharing My Experience...
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Weiqi Gao
Latest Posts From Weiqi Gao's Weblog

Advertisement

It has been my experience that most Java developers nowadays use an IDE (or IDEs) for their daily work. Knowing the capabilities of these IDEs may make you more productive. However, most developers also has a tendency to learn just enough of their IDEs to "get the job done" and then stop at that point.

Pair programming is a wonderful avenue for transmitting IDE know-hows between programmers on a team. "Just hit Ctrl-F12," Brian told me in a recent pair programming session. I liked what I saw and have been hitting Ctrl-F12 all the time ever since.

Q: What does Ctrl-F12 do?

Strict rules apply: no Bing-ing; and you have to write down your final answer before hitting Ctrl-F12. The question is biased towards JetBrain's IntelliJ IDEA. I don't know what Ctrl-F12 does in other IDEs.

Bonus Q: How can your IDEs help you when you receive a stack trace in an email form your testers or customers?

"I didn't know you can do that!" was the reaction from Mike the last time I used the feature in a pairing session.

Read: Friday Java Quiz: Know Your IDEs Capabilities

Topic: Bsnl Evdo Data Card Now With 3G Support Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Cold War artifact: Underground English nuclear bunker sold on eBay for $30,000

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use