The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Kirill Grouchnikov Introduces Trident 1.2

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
News Manager

Nickname: newsman

News Manager is the force behind the news at Artima.com.
Kirill Grouchnikov Introduces Trident 1.2 Posted: Mar 9, 2010 7:06 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by News Manager.
Original Post: Kirill Grouchnikov Introduces Trident 1.2
Feed Title: Java Today
Feed URL: http://weblogs.java.net/blog/editors/index.rdf
Feed Description: Java Today on java.net
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by News Manager
Latest Posts From Java Today

Advertisement

In his latest post at Pushing Pixels, Kirill Grouchnikov talks about what's New in Trident 1.2. The Trident animation library has as its objective providing "a powerful and extensible animation library for Java applications." The library is available under the BSD license. Java 6+ is required for using the library, both at compile time and at runtime.

Here is Kirill's introduction to Trident 1.2:

The Trident animation library was born in February 2009 out of the internal animation layer used in Substance look-and-feel over the last three years. A year after, it is nearing its third official release which focuses mainly on stabilizing the API and ironing out the existing bugs.

The major milestone for this release is moving Substance 6.0 to use Trident – along with validating the library performance and flexibility to support a wide variety of UI animations. Trident 1.2 has also added a few new APIs to address a few common application requirements.

In his post, Kirill covers the new Trident 1.2 custom property accessors in detail, including demonstrating the features with several example code snippets related to timelines. The new custom accessors include getWith(PropertyGetter) and accessWith(PropertyAccessor).

You can use the same getter / setter / accessor implementation to access multiple fields – using the fieldName parameter passed to the get() and set() methods.

Kirill also talks about stopping a timeline. The Timeline.end() API is new in Trident 1.2:

The timeline transitions to the done state, with the timeline position set to 0.0 or 1.0 – based on the direction of the timeline. After application callbacks and field interpolations are done on the done state, the timeline transitions to the idle state. Application callbacks and field interpolations are done on this state as well.

See the full entry for all the details. Visit the Trident animation library on Kenai to download the software and complete documentation.

Also in Java Today, Adam Bien shows How to Kill an OSGi Project - with 10 Questions:

OSGi focusses on modularity and it is right now (future may change it) the only viable way to split your application into modules with well-defined dependencies. It solves, however, "only" the technical problem - which is actually relatively easy. Before you going to introduce OSGi into your project, answer the following questions: 1. What is your versioning scheme for modules(bundles)? Do you care about minor versions, major versions etc? 2. Whats your scm strategy - do you plan to open and maintain a branch for every version of a module? How many branches do you plan to maintain? (with svn? :-)) ...

Jeff Friesen has publised a new article, Painter's Canvas Mobile Edition:

Last June, I introduced my Painter's Canvas article, which presents a technique for rendering complex graphics (such as fireworks, plasma, fractals, and fire). Instead of relying on nodes and javafx.scene.shape.Path objects (such as javafx.scene.shape.LineTo) to render the graphics, this technique relies on the concepts of canvas and painter for this task. The crux of the article's code is the line iv.image = SwingUtils.toFXImage (painter.renderImage (width, height)) (excerpted from the Canvas class's paint() function). This line, which is repeatedly invoked in an animation loop, performs several tasks to ensure that the next animation frame is displayed...

In the Weblogs, Jean-Francois Bonbhel presents a JUG-AFRICA Cooperation plan and agenda:

There is my proposal for JUG-AFRICA agenda. Everyone is free to comment and add interesting ideas. I will detail each point in my blog later. * Continue to affiliate JUGs and share our experience with new JUGs; * Elect a president and a vice president (last week of april 2010); * Increase our visibility by both ways internal and external (very important)...

Jan Haderka shows how to create a Mobile Friendly Link:

Last time we looked at writing command and shortening the URLs using simple TinyURL API. This time, lets try to take this one step furter and generate URLs that are mobile-users friendly, i.e. URLs that can be easily recognized and processed by various mobile devices. Such are urls in QCode or DataMatrix scan codes. I'm sure almost everybody have seen those somewhere already, be it on printouts or on the actual websites. In difference to the classic bar code QCode or DataMatrix are rectangular...

Claudio Miranda posted Felipe Gaucho, we will miss you:

I heard from a friend that prolific blogger and friend Felipe Gaucho had passed away last March, 05. Felipe was very active at Java community, helping people at mailing lists, writing blogs. He was a JUG Leader (Ceara at Brazil), Glassfish active user and speaker. See more information at the CEJUG blog...

In the Forums, franos13 is seeking a WSS (WS-Security) sample in Metro: Hello, Do you know where I can find good WSS samples (with good and complete explanation) using Metro? ...

In the LWUIT forum, deaa asks about bad scrolling behavior ..?: Hello, I'm trying to build a page with my own toolbar, so I divided the form to two containers, and by following these steps I succeeded: 1) disabled the form scroll in both x and y axis; 2) added first container (my TOOLBAR) to the north side (my form is BorderLayout)...

emiddio-verizon has a problem where glassfish V3 file upload times out -- sent file is short: i first observed receiving "short" file with browser download of aprox 5MByte file from GFV3 when using DSL connection -- that required longer than 30 seconds for the file transfer. attached is small simple HttpURLConnection/GET...

Our Spotlight this week is the work of our friend Felipe Gaúcho, who suddenly passed away on Friday, March 5. Felipe was a CEJUG founder and leader, a Java evangelist, and a long-time java.net collaborator. The self-description he wrote for java.net: "Felipe Gaúcho works as senior software engineer at Netcetera AG in Switzerland. He is a well known Brazilian JUG leader and open-source evangelist. Felipe works with Java since its early versions and has plans to keep that Java tradition as it is. When he is not coding, he prefers to listen reggae and travel around with his lovely wife Alena and his son Rodrigo."

Our current java.net Poll asks What's your view of Scala's future? Voting will be open until Friday.

We just published a new java.net Feature Article, Dibyendu Roy's Rethinking Multi-Threaded Design Principles; in the emerging multicore/multiprocessor world, multi-threaded programming is critical, in my view. We're also featuring Has JDBC Kept up with Enterprise Requirements? by Jesse Davis; in the article, Jesse invites us to look beyond Type 4 architecture to address the latest requirements of the enterprise Java ecosystem. And, Adhir Mehta's Java Tech article, Web Service Simulatino Using Servlets also remains in the Featured Articles section of the java.net home page.

Current and upcoming Java Events:

Registered users can submit event listings for the java.net Events Page using our events submission form. All submissions go through an editorial review before being posted to the site.

Archives and Subscriptions: This blog is delivered weekdays as the Java Today RSS feed. Also, once this page is no longer featured as the front page of java.net it will be archived along with other past issues in the java.net Archive.

-- Kevin Farnham
O'Reilly Media
Twitter: @kevin_farnham

Read: Kirill Grouchnikov Introduces Trident 1.2

Topic: Consider the Environment When Deploying RIAs Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Extra gravy for your ear-biscuits

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use