The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Being at home, even when you are not - Virtual Private Network

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Wolf Paulus

Nickname: wolfpaulus

Wolf Paulus is an experienced software developer focusing on Java, XML, Mac OS X, wireless/mobile ..
Being at home, even when you are not - Virtual Private Network Posted: Jan 25, 2010 8:40 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Wolf Paulus.
Original Post: Being at home, even when you are not - Virtual Private Network
Feed Title: Wolf's Web Journal
Feed URL: http://wolfpaulus.com/feed/
Feed Description: Journal - dedicated to excellence, and motivated by enthusiasm to trying new things
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Wolf Paulus
Latest Posts From Wolf's Web Journal

Advertisement

Being born and raised in Germany, most of my extended family lives over there and even after all these years, a simple phone call easily reconnects me with family and friends. Almost like a secret handshake, dialing a number and hearing each others voice makes me part of their network over there.

With a little bit of work, the same can be had for your computer. Even if you travel, being away from home for an extended period of time, your computer can still be made part of your home-network, with just a click of a button ...

I cannot believe that it's really that long ago, but back in March 2008, I wrote about how to Protect your online privacy when on the road by using your Home Router as a Secure Socket Proxy. This is still very relevant and works just like I had written then, but using an ssh tunnel falls short when you want to turn the remote machine into an equal member of your home network; for this we need a Virtual Private Network.

Continue reading...

Read: Being at home, even when you are not - Virtual Private Network

Topic: EBay CEO John Donahoe discusses the use of eBay on cell phones Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Hynix records 4th-quarter net profit as sales, memory chip prices rise

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use