The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Moth Monday Visits New Jersey

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Elliotte Rusty Harold

Nickname: elharo

Elliotte Rusty Harold is an author, developer, and general kibitzer.
Moth Monday Visits New Jersey Posted: Sep 28, 2009 5:29 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Elliotte Rusty Harold.
Original Post: Moth Monday Visits New Jersey
Feed Title: Mokka mit Schlag
Feed URL: http://www.elharo.com/blog/feed/atom/?
Feed Description: Ranting and Raving
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Elliotte Rusty Harold
Latest Posts From Mokka mit Schlag

Advertisement

It occurs to me that a lot of the moths I’ve posted lately have been rather, small, brown, and dull; even if from a taxonmoic view they’re quite diverse. Thus I was really happy to find these showy Ailanthus Webworm Moths on Saturday’s Brooklyn Bird Club field trip to Sandy Hook and Richard W. Dekorte Park:

Orange and white patterned moth on white flowers

Atteva punctella, Hodges#2401
Sandy Hook, New Jersey, 2009-09-26

This native Ermine Moth species is active in the daytime. It’s originally from Florida where it feeds on the native Paradise Tree Simarouba glauca. However it’s expanded its food sources to include a number of exotic trees including Tree of Heaven, Ailanthus altissima; and has thus managed to expand its range northward as far as Canada. It’s the only member of its genus in North America.

Orange and white patterned moth on white flowers

Read: Moth Monday Visits New Jersey

Topic: As banks ease up on overdraft fees, customers could see new fees, products elsewhere Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: How to Monitor the Server And Network in Linux

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use