The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Intercept Standard Library - Transactions

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Brian McCallister

Nickname: frums

Brian McCallister is JustaProgrammer who thinks too much.
Intercept Standard Library - Transactions Posted: Dec 19, 2003 1:16 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Brian McCallister.
Original Post: Intercept Standard Library - Transactions
Feed Title: Waste of Time
Feed URL: http://kasparov.skife.org/blog/index.rss
Feed Description: A simple waste of time and weblog experiment
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Brian McCallister
Latest Posts From Waste of Time

Advertisement

I have started to implement standard interception tasks and idioms in the intercept library such as transaction management. Transaction management is a fun one to bite off first because the most popular O/R frameworks use connection-oriented transactions. OJB ties transactions to connections in PB and OTM API's (I know how to cheat the OTM API for this, but I don't want to cheat), Hibernate ties them to the Session (which is tied to a DB connection).

The base implementation is just around an abstract factory designed to be configured via type 2 or 3 IoC. The only implementation of the Transactionfactory in CVS right now is for ODMG, which works with both the aforementioned API's (though I have never used Hibernate's). Any Hibernate guys want to catch up with me on the "right way" to do this for Hibernate transactions? I am afraid I am going to have to leap off the deep and and provide a whole wrapper around Hibernate the way the Spring developers did -- ick (not at Spring, but at limiting how they use it). The transaction-per-thread model from JTA is handy. On that note, JTA transactions will go in when I figure a nice way to not break the build for people who don't want to jump through Sun's legal hoopla to get the interfaces.

Having toyed with implementations of the standard type stuff people talk about with interception (and aspects) the obviousness of interception going hand in hand with type 2 IoC leaps out hard.

Read: Intercept Standard Library - Transactions

Topic: Java Desktop System (JDS) Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Rivals IBM and BEA team on new Java Appserver specs

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use