The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Boot-Strap StartUp Dynamics

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Fred Grott

Nickname: shareme

Fred Grott is Lead Developer-CEO of ShareMe Technologies LLC -The Mobile Future
Boot-Strap StartUp Dynamics Posted: Apr 18, 2009 7:53 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Fred Grott.
Original Post: Boot-Strap StartUp Dynamics
Feed Title: ShareMe Technologies LLC-The Mobile Future
Feed URL: http://www.jroller.com/shareme/feed/entries/rss
Feed Description: A Weblog about Java programming and digital convergence on mobile devices in such areas as P2P and collaborative technology.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Fred Grott
Latest Posts From ShareMe Technologies LLC-The Mobile Future

Advertisement

Sorry for not daily blogging in the past few days. The way I am boot straping the startup can sometimes be very stressful and hence the brief break from blogging, hopefully I did not bark at anyone too much.

Basically, my thesis is when funding a web service startup that has no established business model one has to break down the underlying programming and engineering skills and find something that has very small development time and costs and can be sold at zero duplication costs that is directly related to the web service.  My solution to fund the Android Xspot mobile application and web service since it will have an ad based revenue model was to find other small Android applications to produce that could be my own or work for other firms and have that revenue and income pay for the development costs of Xspot and eventually some portion of operating expenses..

Two weeks ago and early this week someone that should  know better tried to 'con' me into giving away free developer research to determine if something was technically feasible or not. And I know from past experience that if certain things do not show up in the first 5 to 8 emails for me to sign that its not legit and thus I had to give the person the run-around as this person certainly was aware of since they wanted free information without giving back that they could have asked on the Android mailing lists and I am certainly not their effing babysitter especially at zero pay.

Why should yo uhave a NDA signed within 5 emails? 

1. It states the legal entity name of the StartUp and legal address.

2. Usually it states the top stakeholder and startup owner in that agreement.

It is not so much that it may be legit its that you can begin a discusion where you can determine if its legit and state and leverage the fact that determing if something is technically feasible should always be paid by a for-profit corporation no matter what size of start up they might be. If they cannot than there is no  valid proof of their business management skills that they may explain to you that they are bringing to the table. If the idea is valid in their business opinon than they will use the business managment expertise to get the working capital.

Boring right?  Well not everything startup wise is always damn exciting. I think I am going to have to go back to having to state the 3 rules in my first introductory email again including the  rule about NDA gets sent to me before 5th email for me to sign.

Read: Boot-Strap StartUp Dynamics

Topic: How to force any Java program to use HTTP proxy Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Tech Mahindra says Satyam poses challenges

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use