The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Links for 2009-03-01 [del.icio.us]

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
dion

Nickname: dion

Dion Almaer is the Editor-in-Chief for TheServerSide.com, and is an enterprise Java evangelist
Links for 2009-03-01 [del.icio.us] Posted: Mar 1, 2009 11:22 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by dion.
Original Post: Links for 2009-03-01 [del.icio.us]
Feed Title: techno.blog(Dion)
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/dion
Feed Description: blogging about life the universe and everything tech
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by dion
Latest Posts From techno.blog(Dion)

Advertisement
  • README.txt - the-cassandra-project - Google Code
    "The scripts expect jdk 1.7 in /usr/local. This is also provided in the misc directory: tar jxvf misc/jdk1.7-drop.tar.bz2 /usr/local/ * When you build, make sure to use the java 1.7 compiler"
  • XWiki - Applications - SkinEditorApplication
    "The Skin Editor provides edition of wiki skin and skin extensions files with Bespin's code editor. Syntax coloration is available for JavaScript and CSS files. Velocity templates will benefit from HTML coloration for the HTML bits of the templates. Bespin's default 3 themes are available : coffee, white and black. Three font sizes are available."
  • thrift and protocol buffers (and JSON)
    "The results show that serializing to compressed JSON is both smaller and faster than thrift, and serializing+de-serializing is only slightly slower. If I converted the python data to be (header, rows) like a csv file, rather than a flat list of dicts, the json output would be smaller, and likely faster to serialize. The totally unexpected result was that protocol buffers clocked in at over 4 times slower than thrift. I find it hard to believe that protocol buffers could be that slow, so I will have to run some more tests to make sure that I am using the library correctly."
  • Automatic Bug Reporting for Firefox Extensions at Toolness
    "For the next release of Ubiquity, we’re going to be trying something more user-friendly: if a command encounters an error, a transparent message will be displayed telling the user that it didn’t work. The message will also recommend using the “report-bug” command to send information about the bug to the Ubiquity team. If the user decides to run this command, a page is opened that looks like this"

Read: Links for 2009-03-01 [del.icio.us]

Topic: Native Menu Position Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Obama to end tax cuts for firms that outsource

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use