The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
The 20 Android Devices

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Fred Grott

Nickname: shareme

Fred Grott is Lead Developer-CEO of ShareMe Technologies LLC -The Mobile Future
The 20 Android Devices Posted: Feb 3, 2009 8:31 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Fred Grott.
Original Post: The 20 Android Devices
Feed Title: ShareMe Technologies LLC-The Mobile Future
Feed URL: http://www.jroller.com/shareme/feed/entries/rss
Feed Description: A Weblog about Java programming and digital convergence on mobile devices in such areas as P2P and collaborative technology.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Fred Grott
Latest Posts From ShareMe Technologies LLC-The Mobile Future

Advertisement

With that famous Mid February mobile conference coming soon you might be puzzled by the latest 20 Android devices rumour. As several OEMS presented their latest quarter financials that subject came up in a discussion about smart phone Mobile Operator subsidies with Qualcomm's CEO Paul Jacobs in an article authored by RCR News. I say 20 devices Qualcomm rumour at this point because we do not have the other data which may be coming in that mid-February mobile conference. As you know we got a sneak peak at SnapDragon runnig Android at Mobile Wordl Congress of 2008 from Qualcomm.

Also remember that Qualcom is very big suppplier of OEM boards for those OEMs targeting USA CDMA networks. We know that Sprint is one but how about Verizon?  I can tell you that Verizon telegraphs its moves ahead of time as its choice of LiMO with its j2me stack was telegraphed ahead of time by significant hiring of embedded engineers with j2me stack porting knowledge. At this time I have not seen Verizon engineer activity on the Android-Platform email list or the Android Framework email list.

I will be more comfortable with Qualcomm's 20 Android device number when I start to see handset OEMs and Mobile Operators with actual Android devices. But ot be fair to Qualcomm's handset OEM board expertise these things take time and year to see it finally get in the consuemr channel with actual devices is not uncommon.

Read: The 20 Android Devices

Topic: iPhone app to Take Care of Your Health, Warns You of High Calorie Fast Foods Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Never Touch That Switch

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use