The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
StartUp Obstacles

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Fred Grott

Nickname: shareme

Fred Grott is Lead Developer-CEO of ShareMe Technologies LLC -The Mobile Future
StartUp Obstacles Posted: Jan 1, 2009 6:55 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Fred Grott.
Original Post: StartUp Obstacles
Feed Title: ShareMe Technologies LLC-The Mobile Future
Feed URL: http://www.jroller.com/shareme/feed/entries/rss
Feed Description: A Weblog about Java programming and digital convergence on mobile devices in such areas as P2P and collaborative technology.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Fred Grott
Latest Posts From ShareMe Technologies LLC-The Mobile Future

Advertisement

You may think that figuring out how to setup Joe Hewitt's iBug(irebug-Lite fo riPhone) for Android is hard or implementing a full Android application as webbased local embedded webkit applicaiton is hard. Its difficualt yes and challenging but not hard. Waht is challenging right now is finding interested Angels for seed capital.

It would be different if I was only targeting say Android or Symbian S60 devices because than I could go to Google or one of the OHA members or Nokia and make a pitch for seed capital funding based on Xspot running on their platform.  You would think I would  find more support of the mplementation of running one code base on Android, iPhone, and Symbian S60 among those who could best beneift from Mobile Applications without limitations.

PhoneGap i sextremely in extreme alpha hack state and I see the changes that need to be made to bring it to the point where he beginning Mobie Web developer can use wihtout much study or trouble. Frustrating to say the least and I know with the right resources I can implement rest fo the changes I see in that vision.

Maybe T-Mobile will surprise me as I described in detail what I was oding to a recruiter that is recruiting for T-Mobile USA's Android division. But just like other parties even though T-Mobile could take the lead in innovative Mobile Application Implementations its not in their interest to do so in the short term even though in long term it does increase data useage amounts among its user base.

Thus, that leaves getting one of the search engines interested. It would be a shame if Microsoft or Yahoo got it but what choice do I have in that I have to make that pitch as the seed capital is needed. No that Microsoft or Yahoo are ba dd companies but I prefer if Google got this implementing Mobile Web Applicaitons without limitations by using browser javascript bridges and PhoneGap.

Read: StartUp Obstacles

Topic: Links for 2008-12-26 [del.icio.us] Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Austin’s Very Own. Episode 13 - Left 4 Dead

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use